Monday, August 15, 2011

~milk maid monday~

I remember as a young child going to our neighbors dairy farm.  I thought it was the neatest thing; watching the cows getting attached to pumps.  I could watch for hours.  I also loved watching the milk pump into big tanks, and after a few hours you could see the separation of the milk fat.  We would visit on days when the large tanker trucks would come haul the milk away to be processed for sell. 

Well folks, I am pretty sure I am running my own dairy farm here in my home.  Yes, I feel like a dairy cow on most days.  I attach myself to a pump several times a day, and I watch as milk pumps into bottles.  I also watch as it seperates in my refrigerator.  So call it what you want.....  moo-moo monday, milk making, monday, mommy milk monday, or milk maid monday...it is all happening here!!!



I have nearly 200 bags of frozen milk!!  These won't last long, because we are now using them and not restocking...I can't keep up with the babies' increased feedings. 

Have a "moo-velous"  week!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Holy MOO-ly, that's a ton of milk! :)

Hope ya'll have a great week!

xoxox

CAS said...

Love the post! Hilarious- I like your perspective. Have a MOO-velous day! or MILKALICIOUS Morning!

Anonymous said...

LOL Mama Destiny!!!! HAPPY AT HOME:) love all of you, aunt judy

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

HOLY MOLY!! That is a lot of milk!!! It's so good for them!! Good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

ice cube trays are a really easy way to freeze breast milk too -- that's what I did.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved