Thursday, June 9, 2011

NICU Day 6

Wednesday June 8, 2011

Today was a stressful day for me.  The 1 and 4 am feedings went well for Brock.  However, he would hardly wake up for the 7, 10, and 1 feedings.  It took the entire 1/2 hr that he is given to finish his bottle.  He struggled to finish the last 10 oz on all three bottles.  Dr said that he has to be alert and eating well before we can start the 48 discharge countdown.  Lynlee didn't have any alerts all night and up until 10am.  She alarmed 2 twice during mid-morning, and then had a really low saturation around 3.  She turned an ugly blue grey color that brought back so many memories to me of Braxton. 

So many of you have kindly asked how I am doing after surgery and the emotional toll of juggling caring for 3 babies in two locations.  I am doing ok.  I have hit the emotional  stage of hormone swings, so I cry at random times!  I was physically and emotionally drained after the 4 o'clock feeding, so I had to make myself come home for the day.  As I type, I am debating whether or not to go to the 10 o'clock feeding tonight....I really could just take a pain pill and go to bed (7:45pm.) 

I did end up staying in for the evening.  I went to bed at 9:30...it was nice.  Both babies did well all night!!! 

Weights:  Brock 4#14oz
                  Lynlee 4#8oz

(They are doing very well on weight...the hospital uses the metric system, so they are actually gaining grams...just not oz yet!)





2 comments:

Paige said...

so glad to hear the babies (and you ) are doing well. I can't imagine ever leaving the hospital again empty handed...but i am so thankful that you know they are in good hands and doing well. praying for your recovery and a peaceful heart as your juggle your new role as a mommy of multiples!

Courtney said...

they look great! praying they continue to do well and get to come home really soon!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved