Monday, February 16, 2009

Braxton makes the front page of local newspaper......

Here is the article and pictures that were on the front page of our local newspaper... sorry for the picture quality (they are scanned images!)

notice the t-shirt....this is how we made the official
announcement....WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!

DAYTON -- Destiny and Jesse Peters of Lafayette were on cloud nine when their first child, Braxton Lee Peters, was about to be born on Valentine's Day 2008.But there were complications during birth. Their son didn't make it.

On Saturday, the couple, along with about 30 family and friends, gathered at Wyandotte Cemetery south of Dayton to celebrate their son's first birthday next to his grave.

There were a lot of tears. But there was joy when the couple dropped a bombshell.

They're expecting again.

"We just found out yesterday," Destiny said.

"It's possible there's more than one."

That announcement brought shouts of exultation from people surrounding Braxton's tiny grave site marked by a very large headstone.

But Saturday was mostly about Braxton.

With balloons in hand, people read a few messages and poems, then prayed together in a semicircle around the grave, marked by stuffed animals, toy cars and a couple of shirts.

As they sang "Happy Birthday" to Braxton, people released balloons, each with an attached message to the boy.

"Without his life, some of the people might never have been touched," Destiny's friend Susanne Cox said.

"We come over to tuck Braxton in every night," Destiny said, noting the past year had been very rough.

"My husband and I have grown closer as a couple and with our family. If it hadn't been for God, we would have never made it through."

As he hugged others in the group, Jesse reflected on the past year.

"We've learned to accept our son is in heaven," he said. "He's in a much better place than we are."

Destiny's mother, Sherry Rader, tried to keep her tears at bay. "First grandbaby," she said. "It's hard. But we got there and we're gonna make it."

The fact that her daughter is pregnant again is "exciting," Rader said. "But I'll never forget Braxton."

22 comments:

Kelly Bennett said...

Huge Congrats are in order... I bet Braxton is beaming in heaven!!!

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog and have been waiting for an update for this. I am so happy that you are expecting again.

Lisa said...

What a great way and day to remember your sweet boy.

As goes for the news... YAY!! CONGRATS to you both about being pregnant - that is WONDERFUL news. Continuing to keep you all in my prayers as you continue on with your pregnancy. WOW, I am so happy for you!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I got chills reading your blog. Happy Birthday Braxton!! And CONGRATULATIONS on your little arrival!! MANY many blessings to you and your family!!

A. said...

Oh my goodness Destiny! I just love the article. So touching. And Congrats on your new growing bundle (s!)! Cant' wait to see how things will progress, and will keep you in my prayers for a peaceful pregnancy and uneventful birth.

absees123s said...

I have followed your blog now for several months, and even commented a few times, but I am sitting here just crying so hard. I am THRILLED you all are pregnant and I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Misty said...

Congrats!

Whit, Lindsey, Jonas, and Maggie said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!! Lots of love!

HJW said...

a-w-e-s-o-m-e!

Annie Shaw said...

Happy Birthday Braxton---

And congrats on the sweet snowflake(s)! Praying that they bury deep in their Mama's belly for a wonderful 9 months!

Anonymous said...

Jesse & Destiny,

So glad you got to celebrate Braxton's special day with so many friends & family - how bittersweet that must have been for you all. I'm not sure if you got my note off to him, but it was so nice that you gave strangers a chance to participate as well.

Your little angel must be so proud to be able to sit at the feet of Jesus and watch over this celebration as you shared his story, and also such big news with everyone ... and what wonderful news it is!

Although we don't know each other personally, I have certainly been including you in my prayers, and am SO happy to hear (read) that you are expecting!

Thanks again for being willing to share your story and your faith. It is inspiring!

-Kristi in IA

Krista said...

What a great story for the front page- very touching. Congrats to you! Can't wait to find out how many there are!

Anonymous said...

How amazing! What a bittersweet moment, but a beautiful celebration, for Braxton. Congrats to both you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am sitting at work and I started crying as I read your post. I am so EXCITED for you guys!!! We will continue to be praying for everything you are going through. I can't believe it has been a year. What a wonderful way to celebrate your little guy!!! Again, congratulations on your new buddle(s) of joy!!! :)

Jessica

BB'sBlog said...

How very awesome and what a blessing from God, congratulations on your pregnancy - you will be in my prayers!

I've followed your blog for a few months - very happy for you guys!

Brittany

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys! Praise God! I will continue to pray for you both!

In Christ,
Jennifer

Ashley said...

Congrats!!!! What a wonderful blessing. Praying that everything goes well for you! :)

Courtney said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and just wanted to say a huge congratulations on becoming pregnant! You really deserve this. I found you through Katie and Kellie who are friends of mine and cannot even imagine what you guys are going through. I think and pray for you all the time. Your little Braxton is just precious.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful way to celebrate the life of your sweet little Angel! He must be so proud looking down on you and telling his little brother(s) and/or sister(s) how much you both love ALL of your babies! Congratulations! I have been praying for you and checking your blog frequently for several months with hopes of a wonderful blessing in your lives. I love the "Big Brother" shirt! You're are in my prayers! :0)
~Mandy

Courtney said...

Thanks for the prayers :) How far along are you now? How exciting!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved