Wednesday, July 20, 2011

~The simple things~

 From the time I found out that I was pregnant with Braxton (and years leading up to the pregnancy,) I dreamt of all the things I wanted to do with our first baby. As the pregnancy neared the end, I had every day planned out in my mind. I had the first year jammed packed with dreams. As you know, those dreams never came to fruition. So, there are things that I do with Cayden that are so bittersweet. The first stroller walk with a baby in the stroller, our first beach trip in Florida, walking through a store and stopping so everyone could see him, church dedication, swimming lessons, first swim in the lake. Even the smallest, almost unnoticeable "things" meant so much to me. Watching his little fingers reach up through his carseat cover, smiles in the morning, every new thing, his little voice, etc.


Last week I was able to experience one of my "dreams" with Cayden. I couldn't wait until the day that I could take our baby to the local water park and watch him/her splash through the water. Well, Cayden and I went and had a blast. Yes, I know it doesn't seem like much, but the entire day, I was on cloud nine!! Here are a few pics of Cayden enjoying the day!






(The last picture is actually of him getting ready to go to the lake...but I couldn't resist posting it too!!)

0 comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved